Appreciated stock is a tax-deductible gift.
Appreciated stocks are a meaningful donation
Gifting stock is a great way to support research that makes a difference. Donors also receive financial benefits:
- Donate appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual funds with ease
- The total value of the stock is tax-deductible upon transfer
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation
Note: Individual situations vary so donors should consult their advisors
If you need assistance making a donation of stocks, bonds or mutual funds, contact us by email or phone at 833-281-7165, ext. 2. We typically respond to messages within one hour.
How to donate stock to ARI – the steps:
Step 1: Initiate the transfer
Contact the institution where your stocks are held and let them know you’d like to transfer the shares to the Autism Research Institute account at Vanguard. You may need the following codes:
- DTC Number: 0062
- For the Benefit of: Autism Research Institute
- Brokerage account number: 23389987
- ARI’s Employer Identification Number (EIN)/Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 95-2548452
For technical questions regarding the transfer, contact our account manager at Vanguard, Anne Koupal, at (480) 713-7231.
Physical certificates: A gift of stocks, mutual funds, or bonds in certificate form are handled a little differently. Email us and we can guide you through the process.
Step 2: Notify ARI your gift is on its way
Stock donations transferred to ARI’s account aren’t accompanied by donor information. We want to be sure we can acknowledge your charitable donation of stock and send you a tax receipt, so please be in touch. There are three easy options to report your stock gift details. You can either:
- Submit this gift information online using our Online Stock Gift Notification form below
- Download our printable Stock Gifts Notification Form and
- Send the completed form to Rebecca McKenney via fax at 619-563-6840 or scan and email it to her at [email protected];
- Mail the completed form to: Autism Research Institute, 4182 Adams Avenue, San Diego, CA 92116
As soon as your stock donation gift is identified, we’ll send you an acknowledgment letter by mail.
Stock Donation Notification